50 Cent Releases 'My Life' Featuring Eminem and Adam Levine
Hip-hop giant 50 Cent unveiled his latest collaboration with Detroit-born rapper Eminem and Maroon 5's frontman Adam Levine. The new track titled "My Life", which was released on Monday, November 26, has some hard-hitting lines where the rappers openly talk about the pitfalls of fame and the constant feeling of wanting to run away from oneself.
In the song's lyrics, Fif and Eminem exchange contemplative rhymes about their shoot to fame and the pressures that come along with it especially if an artist wants to stay in the game. At the start of the track, the "Get Rich or Die Tryin' " artist refers to his 2003 rise and former G-Unit artists The Game and Young Buck. He tells them to "suck a d**k," and makes it clear that they took advantage of his creative talents back when he still wrote songs for them.
Meanwhile, Em goes retrospective with his works and blurts out lines such as, "Feels like I'm goin' psycho again, and I might just blow my lid/ And I almost wish that I never made Recovery, kid/ 'Cause I'm running circles with my life," referring to his 2010 hit album, "Recovery".
While the official clip for the song awaits its premiere on Tuesday, November 27 on MTV, Fif joined Maroon 5's Adam Levine on "The Voice" to perform the new single Monday night. Levine is featured on the catchy chorus section of the song.
"My Life" is the third single from 50 Cent's fifth studio album "Street King Immortal" and is now available for download on iTunes.
"My Life" Full Song:
"My Life" Video Teaser:
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'