Beyonce Knowles to Direct HBO Documentary About Herself
Beyonce Knowles is taking double duty in an upcoming HBO documentary about her life. The wife of rap mogul Jay-Z will direct and executive produce the feature-length film, which is slated to premiere February 16, 2013 on the premium cable channel.
"Everybody knows Beyonce's music, but few know Beyonce the person," says Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming. "Along with electrifying footage of Beyonce onstage, this unique special looks beyond the glamour to reveal a vibrant, vulnerable, unforgettable woman."
The "Love on Top" songstress herself states of teaming up with HBO for her documentary, "HBO has a history of pushing every boundary with class and authenticity. Some of my favorite shows are on HBO, so I am excited that my film will be part of its bold programming." She adds, "This film was so personal to me, it had to have the right home."
The yet-to-be-titled documentary will shed light on her childhood in Houston. Through "a fusion of video that provides raw, unprecedented access to the private entertainment icon and high-voltage performances," fans will also see "the intense physical and emotional demands she goes through in the studio, preparing for live performances, running a business and her family life, including her return to the spotlight after the birth of her daughter, Blue Ivy Carter."
Beyonce was included in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Artists of All Time" in 2010 and ranked third on its "100 Greatest Women in Music" list this year. She's recently booked to headline Super Bowl XLVII's halftime show on February 3, 2013.
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'