Beyonce Knowles to Direct HBO Documentary About Herself
Beyonce Knowles is taking double duty in an upcoming HBO documentary about her life. The wife of rap mogul Jay-Z will direct and executive produce the feature-length film, which is slated to premiere February 16, 2013 on the premium cable channel.
"Everybody knows Beyonce's music, but few know Beyonce the person," says Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming. "Along with electrifying footage of Beyonce onstage, this unique special looks beyond the glamour to reveal a vibrant, vulnerable, unforgettable woman."
The "Love on Top" songstress herself states of teaming up with HBO for her documentary, "HBO has a history of pushing every boundary with class and authenticity. Some of my favorite shows are on HBO, so I am excited that my film will be part of its bold programming." She adds, "This film was so personal to me, it had to have the right home."
The yet-to-be-titled documentary will shed light on her childhood in Houston. Through "a fusion of video that provides raw, unprecedented access to the private entertainment icon and high-voltage performances," fans will also see "the intense physical and emotional demands she goes through in the studio, preparing for live performances, running a business and her family life, including her return to the spotlight after the birth of her daughter, Blue Ivy Carter."
Beyonce was included in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Artists of All Time" in 2010 and ranked third on its "100 Greatest Women in Music" list this year. She's recently booked to headline Super Bowl XLVII's halftime show on February 3, 2013.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding