Simon Cowell Is Victim of 911 Prank Caller Claiming Someone Held Hostage in His House
Simon Cowell is the latest victim of 911 hoax. A prank caller claimed that someone was held hostage in the British television personality's house, but the "American Idol" former judge told police that it was a false report.
A woman contacted 911 on Sunday, November 25 briefly before 1 P.M., and reported that a person was duct taped and tied up in Cowell's bathroom. His mansion is located in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles.
"Officers responded to the Cowell residence and contacted Mr. Cowell and confirmed that the call was a false report of an emergency," the Beverly Hills Police Department stated. Simon was at home when police talked to him.
The 53-year-old "Britain's Got Talent" judge is not the first artist to experience the "swatting" phone calls. Previously, the likes of Miley Cyrus, Ashton Kutcher, and Justin Bieber also had officers coming to their residences following mysterious phone calls, which said that the artists were in danger.
Cyrus got one in August, though she wasn't home at the time. Officers responded to a 911 call, which reported a possible home invasion and shots fired. Police responded by sending forces only to find out that no one was at home.
Kutcher also had one at the beginning of October, when police said that 911 received a prank teletext message, which said that there were people being held hostage in the actor's bathroom and shots were fired.
The next prank, which said that there was a person holding a gun next to Bieber's residence, came in October. The police did a sweep of the house and other two residences on the block, before finding out that it was just another "swatting".
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels