Nicki Minaj Hits Back at Steven Tyler for Blasting Her 'American Idol' Judging Stint
Nicki Minaj gets tangled in another "American Idol" feud, but this time not with any of the current judges. She recently took to Twitter to fire back at former judge Steven Tyler, who criticized her behavior as a judge on the reality show.
"Steven Tyler said I would have sent Bob Dylan to a cornfield???" she took to Twitter to respond to the rocker's statement. "Steven, you haven't seen me judge one single solitary contestant yet."
She went on blasting the Aerosmith frontman, "I understand you really wanted to keep your job but take that up with the producers. I haven't done anything to you. That's a racist comment. You assume that I wouldn't have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f**k yourself and worry about yourself babe."
Referencing to Mariah Carey's interview with Barbara Walters in which the "Hero" singer claimed Nicki threatened to shoot her, the Young Money femcee added, "LOL lets make him a shirt that says 'No Coloreds Allowed' then escort him down 2 Barbara Walters so he can tell how he was threatened w/guns. When Steven 1st went on Idol he was ridiculed by his peers & fans alike. Called a sell out. So what does he do? Ridicule the next judge."
In an interview with MTV News, Steven blasted Nicki and Mariah when commenting on their backstage drama. "You just have to give your opinion. It wasn't hard for me, but I would imagine it's hard for some people, and they need a manager to say 'Shut the f**k up, and just give them your opinion,' " he said.
"They should have something going on so thick and beautiful that they can lay it over the new talent that's trying to birth itself. It needs to be birthed, not judged by 'entertainment' factors. It needs to be judged by people that [are] honest, true, that have the 'it' factor. Not the 'it' factor because they can fight. The f**k is that all about?"
He further underestimated Nicki's ability as a judge, claiming, "These kids, they just got out of a car from the Midwest somewhere and they're in New York City, they're scared to death; you're not going to get the best [out of them]. ... If it was Bob Dylan, Nicki Minaj would have had him sent to the cornfield! Whereas, if it was Bob Dylan with us, we would have brought the best of him out, as we did with Phillip Phillips. Just saying."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'