Justin Bieber Booed at Football Game in Home Country Canada
Justin Bieber faced a tough audience on Sunday night, November 25 at the Canadian Football League's Grey Cup championship game. According to reports from The Associated Press, the teen pop singer got booed by football fans upon coming out on stage to perform a medley of his popular hits.
A not-so-welcoming Toronto crowd booed and jeered when they saw The Biebs on the Jumbotron screen on his way out to the halftime show stage to perform two of his hit singles "Boyfriend" and "Beauty and a Beat". Another round of scoffing took place when an announcer mentioned his name. Bieber, who recently won the Artist of the Year honor at the American Music Awards, seemed unaffected by his hecklers and continued to give his high-energy number.
Throughout his halftime show medley, football fans did not ease up on the booing. After the two-song set, Bieber did not show any signs of self-doubt or bad feelings toward the audience. The Canadian native ended his performance with the lines, "Thank you so much Canada. I love you."
A comment from a football fan might explain why the teen singer got the bashing that he did. "J-Biebs doesn't scream football, you know? Neither does Carly Rae Jepsen," said Ryan Prisque, 22, from Calgary.
Recent halftime performers at the Grey Cup included Lenny Kravitz and Nickelback. Both artists obviously catered to a heavier and rock music-loving crowd.
More Justin Bieber News
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS