Chris Brown's Rep Denies Protests Lead to South American Show Cancellation
A representative for Chris Brown has denied that protests forced the R&B star to back out from his South American show. The statement comes a few days after reports got published that Brown had canceled his headlining show in Guyana due to strong protests of women's rights group over his 2009 assault case on ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
The "Turn Up the Music" star was reportedly scheduled to headline a big show in Guyana's capital city, Georgetown, on December 26 but later on became uneasy when news about women's rights protesters in the area spread. According to show promoter, Hits & Jams Entertainment, protesters and opposition lawmakers made sure to issue a statement stressing that Brown was not welcome in the South American state, which then allegedly pushed the 23-year-old hip-hop performer to cancel his show in the city.
However, Brown's media representative already denied the reports and stressed that the singer's conviction on assault charges had nothing to do with the show. The rep explained during an interview with E! Online, "This concert was never confirmed. The promoter is being untruthful."
Earlier this month, Brown also faced a group of protesters in Sweden who plastered posters of Rihanna and her battered face and used it as a promo material for the rapper's November 19 concert in Stockholm. Breezy is currently still serving a five-year probation sentence over his 2009 assault case.
More Chris Brown News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media