New Photos of Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges on 'R.I.P.D.' Set in L.A.
Robert Schwentke's "R.I.P.D." was back into filming in downtown Los Angeles on Sunday, November 25. A number of photos taken from the set have landed online, giving a new look at the film's leading actors including Ryan Reynolds, Jeff Bridges and Mary-Louise Parker.
Reynolds was spotted rocking an all-black ensemble and at one point he was seen getting into an old yellow "Service & Repair" car on the set. Bridges, meanwhile, sported a more Western look completed with a white cowboy hat, three-piece suit a la sheriff, and a gun holster. As for Parker, she looked pretty in a navy blue uniform paired with a long blazer and white boots.
It was unclear what scenes the three actors were shooting at the time. Before filming in Los Angeles, "R.I.P.D." was shot in Boston last year.
The action comedy film is an adaptation of a Dark Horse miniseries about a spectral police force. Written by Peter M. Lenkov, the 1999 comics center on the Rest in Peace Department, a dedicated yet dead police officers who patrol the dead beat, which is made up of the deceased who refuse to go quietly.
The story focuses on Reynolds' Nick Walker, a cop who joins the department after being murdered. He then dedicates himself to search for the man who set him up as he does his duty fighting fiendish creatures.
Kevin Bacon, Stephanie Szostak, Mike O'Malley, James Hong, Marisa Miller and Robert Knepper are also lining up in the cast ensemble. The movie will be released in the U.S. on July 19, 2013.
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer