Justin Bieber Explains 'White Trash' Outfit for a Meeting With Canadian PM
Justin Bieber slammed the press, which criticized his choice of outfit when receiving an award from Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper. On Instagram on Monday, November 26, the Biebs shared a picture of an online news published by Daily Mail which headline read, "Would a suit hurt, Justin? Bieber branded 'white trash prince' after wearing overalls and baseball cap to accept prestigious award from Canadian Prime Minister".
Below the picture, he explained, "The picture of me and the Prime Minister was taken in a room in the area where i was performing at that day." He went on, "I walked straight from my meet and greet to him, if you 'Hayley' [the name of the reporter who wrote the news] expect me to have a change of clothes let a loan [sic] a suit at that specific time that's crazy."
"It wasn't like it was like I was going into his environment we were at a hockey arena," he went on. The "As Long as You Love Me" singer then laughed off the journalist, "Wow am i ever white trash hayley peterson lol."
Justin was honored with a Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal on Friday, November 23 because of his significant contributions and achievements as a Canadian. The Canadian PM presented the award after the boyfriend of Selena Gomez ended his performance at Scotiabank Place.
The superstar donned overalls on top of a white T-shirt and a twisted black baseball cap at the venue. His very casual outfit was criticized by some tweeps. A Twitter user named Priscilla Kraft tweeted that day, "I don't get it.... Why can Justin Bieber wear overalls, but when I put them on people judge me and tell me I'm weird? #confused #angry?"
Meanwhile, Beth Witthington wrote down on the social network, "I cannot believe what Justin bieber wore to accept the diamond jubilee award from stephen Harper today. Embarrassing. @justinbieber." Another person even said that he looked "like a farmer or someone who's ready to paint walls."
PM Harper tried to defend the pop star by tweeting on Saturday, November 24, "In fairness to @justinbieber, I told him I would be wearing my overalls too. #cdnpoli #beliebers."
More Justin Bieber News
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion