Justin Bieber Explains 'White Trash' Outfit for a Meeting With Canadian PM
Justin Bieber slammed the press, which criticized his choice of outfit when receiving an award from Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper. On Instagram on Monday, November 26, the Biebs shared a picture of an online news published by Daily Mail which headline read, "Would a suit hurt, Justin? Bieber branded 'white trash prince' after wearing overalls and baseball cap to accept prestigious award from Canadian Prime Minister".
Below the picture, he explained, "The picture of me and the Prime Minister was taken in a room in the area where i was performing at that day." He went on, "I walked straight from my meet and greet to him, if you 'Hayley' [the name of the reporter who wrote the news] expect me to have a change of clothes let a loan [sic] a suit at that specific time that's crazy."
"It wasn't like it was like I was going into his environment we were at a hockey arena," he went on. The "As Long as You Love Me" singer then laughed off the journalist, "Wow am i ever white trash hayley peterson lol."
Justin was honored with a Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal on Friday, November 23 because of his significant contributions and achievements as a Canadian. The Canadian PM presented the award after the boyfriend of Selena Gomez ended his performance at Scotiabank Place.
The superstar donned overalls on top of a white T-shirt and a twisted black baseball cap at the venue. His very casual outfit was criticized by some tweeps. A Twitter user named Priscilla Kraft tweeted that day, "I don't get it.... Why can Justin Bieber wear overalls, but when I put them on people judge me and tell me I'm weird? #confused #angry?"
Meanwhile, Beth Witthington wrote down on the social network, "I cannot believe what Justin bieber wore to accept the diamond jubilee award from stephen Harper today. Embarrassing. @justinbieber." Another person even said that he looked "like a farmer or someone who's ready to paint walls."
PM Harper tried to defend the pop star by tweeting on Saturday, November 24, "In fairness to @justinbieber, I told him I would be wearing my overalls too. #cdnpoli #beliebers."
More Justin Bieber News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked