Artist of the Week: Ne-Yo
Redeeming the so-so reception to 2010's "Libra Scale", Ne-Yo presents a fifth album, "R.E.D.", which has him returning to his core of melodic R&B. In a refreshing side, he embraces other music genres with a touch of pop, dance-pop as well as country.
After it was released on November 6 Stateside, the album landed on No. 4 of the Billboard 200 chart with 66,000 copies sold in its first week, exceeding the sales expectation by ten thousand. The sales number even put the latest effort by the 33-year-old artist atop the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
"This is a thank you to everybody that has taken their hard earned money and purchased my album thus far," he humbly said of the album's performance. "Well aware of the current state of things, it means even more to me. My love for you is endless. Long live music."
The album's success was preceded by the warm welcome of its single, "Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself)". Released as the second song from the studio installment, it peaked at No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100 and has sold more than 1 million copies.
"This is a plaque representing one million sales of the single 'Let Me Love You'," he commented after getting a Platinum certificate for the single. "Words cannot express my gratitude! At a time where stealing music is the norm, the fact that a million people got it the right way means the world to me. From the bottom of my heart... thank you."
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville