Kevin Feige: 'Iron Man 3' Will Not Be a 'Serious Movie'
Despite the dark and gloomy tone boasted in the first trailer of "Iron Man 3", Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige reveals that the third armored hero film will not be a "serious" movie. Instead of focusing on the dark theme, Feige says that the upcoming flick will present some "very unique directions" that will include further exploration of Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark.
"It's not a serious movie, but we seriously dig into exploring more of Tony," Feige explains what fans can expect from the third installment of the "Iron Man" film series. "The trick is just trying to make great movies. We try to make them all great, all different and all fresh. What you'll see in 'Iron Man 3' is some very unique directions that were taken."
Additionally, director Shane Black says that he simply wants to make a good superhero movie which is "fresh and different" rather than targeting to top Joss Whedon's "The Avengers". He says, "We're not aiming for bigger, necessarily. We're aiming for different and fresh and new."
"It's all about capturing that lightening in a bottle feel, about trying to get as much into this as we can," the director continues. "We're looking to get a ton of thrills into a short space, to make a nice little stew for you."
Still, Downey Jr. hopes that his third "Iron Man" film will share similar success to the Earth's Mightiest Heroes movie. "You can dissect why it was the right movie with the right people and the right director at the time. But we feel the same way about 'Iron Man 3' now," so he gushes.
In "Iron Man 3", Tony Stark will fight against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle.
With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?
The film will be released in theaters across the U.S. on May 3, 2013.
More Iron Man 3 News
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer