Nicki Minaj Blames Low Sales of 'Re-Up' to Walmart and Target
Rapstress Nicki Minaj is certain that Target and Walmart are to blame for the low sales of her newest effort "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - The Re-Up". The album did not quite made the waves that it was expected to create during its November 19 release and it was all because the country's biggest retail stores refused to stock the album.
During her candid interview with Power 105.1, Minaj claimed that the low sales was a consequence of the fact that it was difficult to find a copy of the album on Target and Walmart. "It's hard to get the album because the stores basically said that the last few re-releases they had put out did not do well and they didn't want to take a chance," explained the Queen Barbz.
As reports from The Hufftington Post revealed, the "Freedom" singer went on with a very bitter tone as she talked about how her relationship had been with these giant retail stores. "So Target and Walmart [are] not selling the album. And Target is actually my biggest retailer. They've sold the most Nicki Minaj albums ever; thank you Target, but I wish you could have sold this one. Best Buy only took limited because they're like 'Oh no, we want to play it safe,' so it's very difficult and it kind of sets you up to fail," she said.
Despite the not-so-warm welcome that "Re-Up" got, Minaj is still very much proud of the music she has put out for the album. "At the end of the day, I was happy I was able to put the music out," said the hip-hop star.
"Re-Up" is an expanded version of Minaj's certified platinum album "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded", which debuted at the top spot on the Billboard 200 with 253,000 units sold in its first week.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'