Zack Snyder's Superman Might Be Part of 'Justice League' Film Project
Could Henry Cavill end up reprising his "Man of Steel" role in "Justice League"? In a recent interview with New York Post, director Jack Snyder allegedly hinted at the possibility of Cavill's Superman participation in the "JLA" film project, especially because "Man of Steel" is the first DC film set at Warner Bros. Pictures after Christopher Nolan concluded his Batman trilogy and box office bomb "Green Lantern" would likely be disregarded by the studio.
"I don't know how 'Justice League' is going to be handled. Honestly, I don't," Snyder stated carefully. However, the filmmaker stressed, "But 'The Man of Steel' exists, and Superman is in it. I don't know how you'd move forward without acknowledging that."
When urged further whether "Man of Steel" could be integrated into a larger superhero universe by the studio, Snyder responded, "Um, how can I answer that? I can't really say anything to that, because that's a big spoiler." He added, "I will say, yeah, they trust me to keep them on course."
"Man of Steel" has reportedly been planned as a new franchise at WB. Cavill has confirmed that he's signed up for three more films, but Snyder remained mum about his return as the director. "We approach the film as a single endeavor," said Snyder. "There are a lot of gears that have to turn in the world of commerce and the world of the mythology we create to facilitate more adventures for this character. We'll see what happens."
Meanwhile, Cavill himself claimed that for now, he just wanted to focus on the first film before moving on to further Superman projects. "There have been a couple of times where people have been explaining all of these Superman cookies and ice creams... and there was a second where I went, 'Wow, this is massive!'â��" he said. "You've got to ignore that and not let it get it to you, otherwise you'll be focusing so much on the pressure as opposed to dealing with the important thing of doing justice to the character."
"Man of Steel" will grace U.S. theaters on June 14, 2013 and its new trailer will be attached to the screenings of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" this December 14. As for "Justice League", the long-gestating project is expected to be released sometime in 2015.
More Justice League News
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!