Zack Snyder's Superman Might Be Part of 'Justice League' Film Project
Could Henry Cavill end up reprising his "Man of Steel" role in "Justice League"? In a recent interview with New York Post, director Jack Snyder allegedly hinted at the possibility of Cavill's Superman participation in the "JLA" film project, especially because "Man of Steel" is the first DC film set at Warner Bros. Pictures after Christopher Nolan concluded his Batman trilogy and box office bomb "Green Lantern" would likely be disregarded by the studio.
"I don't know how 'Justice League' is going to be handled. Honestly, I don't," Snyder stated carefully. However, the filmmaker stressed, "But 'The Man of Steel' exists, and Superman is in it. I don't know how you'd move forward without acknowledging that."
When urged further whether "Man of Steel" could be integrated into a larger superhero universe by the studio, Snyder responded, "Um, how can I answer that? I can't really say anything to that, because that's a big spoiler." He added, "I will say, yeah, they trust me to keep them on course."
"Man of Steel" has reportedly been planned as a new franchise at WB. Cavill has confirmed that he's signed up for three more films, but Snyder remained mum about his return as the director. "We approach the film as a single endeavor," said Snyder. "There are a lot of gears that have to turn in the world of commerce and the world of the mythology we create to facilitate more adventures for this character. We'll see what happens."
Meanwhile, Cavill himself claimed that for now, he just wanted to focus on the first film before moving on to further Superman projects. "There have been a couple of times where people have been explaining all of these Superman cookies and ice creams... and there was a second where I went, 'Wow, this is massive!'â��" he said. "You've got to ignore that and not let it get it to you, otherwise you'll be focusing so much on the pressure as opposed to dealing with the important thing of doing justice to the character."
"Man of Steel" will grace U.S. theaters on June 14, 2013 and its new trailer will be attached to the screenings of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" this December 14. As for "Justice League", the long-gestating project is expected to be released sometime in 2015.
More Justice League News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers