Lindsay Lohan Compares Herself to Elizabeth Taylor: 'I've Never Been Drunk on Set, Ever'
Lindsay Lohan revealed what made her feel confident to portray Elizabeth Taylor despite what critics said about her troubled personal life. Just in time for the release of "Liz & Dick" on Lifetime Sunday, November 25, Lindsay took time to share about her dramatic life experiences that related her to the late screen legend.
"Everything I've gone through made me ready to play Liz," so the 26-year-old actress told Us Weekly, referring to her incessant personal drama and legal troubles in the past few years. Admitting all her past troubles made her better as a person and an actress, the New York native insisted that at some points, she's more professional that Elizabeth Taylor herself.
"Elizabeth was drunk on sets. I've never been drunk on set, ever," the actress who will next appear in sexual thriller "The Canyons" claimed. She went on stating, "I did my time and I respect the law."
Still, LiLo thought that she and Liz shared a lot of things in common, including their journey from a child star to a tabloid favorite as they grew up. "Since I was a kid, I've loved being on camera," LiLo recalled. "Don't misconstrue that: I didn't strive to have flashbulbs at dinner or people who don't know me calling TMZ. And 99 percent of the time, it's not true."
On always being the center of the spotlight, the "Freaky Friday" star confessed that it was really frustrating. "I feel bullied," she opened up. "I can't think of any actor who has been subjected to such extreme publicity who hasn't, like, committed suicide."
LiLo shared that she's now working to change her image by learning from Liz. "She probably would have said, 'Figure it the hell out'," said the starlet of what the film legend might have advised her. "You have to learn it for yourself sometimes."
Premiered on Lifetime at 9 P.M. this Sunday, "Liz & Dick" is based on the true story of the couple's passionate and tumultuous love affair. For nearly a quarter of a century, Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton were Hollywood royalty and their fiery romance - often called "the marriage of the century" - was the most notorious, publicized and celebrated love affair of its day.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Includes First Look at 'The Punisher'
- Jigsaw Is Back to Claim New Victims in Gruesome First Trailer
- 'The Affair': Ruth Wilson's Body Double Sues Showtime After Fired for Reporting Sexual Harassment
- Tyga Says He Warned Rob Kardashian About Blac Chyna's Game
- Lily Collins Locks Lips With High School Classmate During Romantic Italy Vacation
- 'Game of Thrones' Creators Defend 'Confederate' After Backlash Over Slavery Theme
- Kim Kardashian Is Basically Topless in Her Ripped Netted Outfit
- Alleged Video of Bella Thorne Masturbating Leaks Online