Report: Dan Stevens Not Returning to 'Downton Abbey' Season 4
"Downton Abbey" may be left by another of its members. According to The Sunday Express, Dan Stevens who plays Matthew Crawley will not return to the fourth season of the Julian Fellowes-created series.
"Dan Stevens isn't returning to the series. He will probably do the first episode of the fourth series, but that will be it," a source says. Stevens will reportedly also make appearance in the two-hour Christmas special, scheduled to air on ITV1 at 9 P.M. on December 25.
It's unclear how Stevens' exit will be addressed on the show and ITV remains mum on the news. The show recently bid goodbye to Jessica Brown Findlay, who plays Lady Sybil, in the third season as the actress wants to pursue a career in Hollywood.
Stevens is currently starring on Broadway's play "The Heiress" alongside Jessica Chastain. He once shared his plan to stay in New York after the show's over, saying, "New York for me is going to be one big adventure. I will be taking the whole family out and we will be there for six months. I don't know if I will be returning to Downton."
"Downton Abbey" has been renewed by ITV for a fourth season for an autumn 2013 premiere in U.K. Executive producer Gareth Neame teased, "Viewers can look forward to more drama, comedy, love, hatred, jealousy, rivalry, ambition, despair and romance" in the upcoming chapter.
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab