Report: Dan Stevens Not Returning to 'Downton Abbey' Season 4
"Downton Abbey" may be left by another of its members. According to The Sunday Express, Dan Stevens who plays Matthew Crawley will not return to the fourth season of the Julian Fellowes-created series.
"Dan Stevens isn't returning to the series. He will probably do the first episode of the fourth series, but that will be it," a source says. Stevens will reportedly also make appearance in the two-hour Christmas special, scheduled to air on ITV1 at 9 P.M. on December 25.
It's unclear how Stevens' exit will be addressed on the show and ITV remains mum on the news. The show recently bid goodbye to Jessica Brown Findlay, who plays Lady Sybil, in the third season as the actress wants to pursue a career in Hollywood.
Stevens is currently starring on Broadway's play "The Heiress" alongside Jessica Chastain. He once shared his plan to stay in New York after the show's over, saying, "New York for me is going to be one big adventure. I will be taking the whole family out and we will be there for six months. I don't know if I will be returning to Downton."
"Downton Abbey" has been renewed by ITV for a fourth season for an autumn 2013 premiere in U.K. Executive producer Gareth Neame teased, "Viewers can look forward to more drama, comedy, love, hatred, jealousy, rivalry, ambition, despair and romance" in the upcoming chapter.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic