Tom Cruise Goes Military, Shuts Down Trafalgar Square to Film 'All You Need Is Kill'
Tom Cruise turned London's Trafalgar Square into a battlefield on Sunday, November 25. The 50-year-old actor shut down the tourist destination temporarily to shoot his latest sci-fi movie project, "All You Need Is Kill".
A number of on-set photos of Cruise in London have gone online, showing the New York-born star arriving at the location via a Royal Air Force helicopter. The "Mission: Impossible" actor was then spotted stepping on the set, being clad in a sleek green military uniform complete with aviator sunglasses.
The famous location was cleared off for the filming. According to Daily Mail, a number of extras dressed in khaki ponchos over camouflage uniforms were spotted flocking on the set. Several tanks were also situated throughout the U.K. set.
In "All You Need Is Kill", Cruise plays Lt. Col. Bill Cage, a new recruit in a war against aliens who finds himself caught in a time loop in which he wakes up in the past after having been killed on the battlefield. While the soldier's death and resurrection repeat, his skills grow as he attempts to change his fate.
Slated for a March 7, 2014 release in the U.S., the sci-fi movie is adapted from a Japanese novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka and is said to be in the vein of "Groundhog Day". The project was previously known as "We Mortals Are", which reportedly eyed Brad Pitt as the lead. Doug Liman serves behind the lens with Joby Harold penning the script.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding