Tom Cruise Goes Military, Shuts Down Trafalgar Square to Film 'All You Need Is Kill'
Tom Cruise turned London's Trafalgar Square into a battlefield on Sunday, November 25. The 50-year-old actor shut down the tourist destination temporarily to shoot his latest sci-fi movie project, "All You Need Is Kill".
A number of on-set photos of Cruise in London have gone online, showing the New York-born star arriving at the location via a Royal Air Force helicopter. The "Mission: Impossible" actor was then spotted stepping on the set, being clad in a sleek green military uniform complete with aviator sunglasses.
The famous location was cleared off for the filming. According to Daily Mail, a number of extras dressed in khaki ponchos over camouflage uniforms were spotted flocking on the set. Several tanks were also situated throughout the U.K. set.
In "All You Need Is Kill", Cruise plays Lt. Col. Bill Cage, a new recruit in a war against aliens who finds himself caught in a time loop in which he wakes up in the past after having been killed on the battlefield. While the soldier's death and resurrection repeat, his skills grow as he attempts to change his fate.
Slated for a March 7, 2014 release in the U.S., the sci-fi movie is adapted from a Japanese novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka and is said to be in the vein of "Groundhog Day". The project was previously known as "We Mortals Are", which reportedly eyed Brad Pitt as the lead. Doug Liman serves behind the lens with Joby Harold penning the script.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season