Hector 'Macho' Camacho Taken Off Life Support
Hector "Macho" Camacho's family has decided to take the former boxing champion off life support. Dr. Ernesto Torres, director of the Centro Medico trauma center in Puerto Rico, pronounced Camacho dead on early Saturday, November 24 after the artificial respirator was turned off and he went on cardiac arrest.
Four days earlier, Camacho sustained injuries in a drive-by shooting in Puerto Rico. Two people, who have not been identified or arrested, put the bullets through his jaw and shoulder. His childhood friend, Alberto Yamil Mojica, who happened to be in the car with him was also shot and died on the scene.
Doctors declared Camacho brain-dead on Thursday. "We have done everything we could," said Dr. Ernesto. "We have to tell people of Puerto Rico and the entire world that Macho Camacho has died; he is brain dead." However, the final decision came from the family, including the 50-year-old's son who flew in from New York.
Camacho is survived by his mother, three sisters, a brother, and four sons.
Meanwhile, investigation into the shooting is still ongoing. At least one gunman crept up on the darkened parking lot where Camacho and Mojica parked their car. Authorities have not disclosed details of the investigation apart from the fact that cocaine was found in the car. Alex Diaz, a police spokesman, said that the two men did not see the attack coming. "Apparently, this was a surprise," Diaz said.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group