Lil Wayne Looking Forward to Being 'Happily Married'
Lil Wayne is ready to be a family man. At the same time he announced that he will retire from the music industry, the rapper said that he is looking forward to end his singlehood as well.
"Yup. Yeah, man, yup. Happily married too," Wayne said when asked by MTV News correspondent Sway Calloway whether he would be a soon-to-be married man. He added jokingly, "I'll probably run down the aisle. I'll probably slide into the preacher like it was home plate."
Wayne sparked engagement rumor earlier this year when he tweeted, "She said yes." He was dating Dhea at that time. However, he cleared up his tweet later on, saying Dhea actually said yes to being his Valentine. "Ohhhhhhh now I see why! I meant 'she said yes' to being my valentine!!!" he tweeted a day after Valentine. "Hahahahahahaha! Y'all krazy!"
This is not the first time Wayne hinted that he wants to settle down. Last year during an interview with MTV, he said, "I'm so settled in my life right now. I have my kids; they're wonderful. My daughter has her career ahead of her now. I have to focus on that, and I have to put the same focus that I put in my career." Weezy's daughter with former wife Toya, Reginae Carter, is pursuing career in music.
Wayne added, "I want to become a better father, I want to become a better man to my woman, and those things take time. and time takes away from this. So the honest answer to that [retirement] question is, I don't know. Maybe so."
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna