Justin Bieber Presented With Diamond Jubilee Medal by Canadian PM
Justin Bieber has been honored with a Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal and he collected the award on Friday, November 23. He received the medal from Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper in Ottawa, Canada ahead of his concert at Scotiabank Place.
PM Harper took to Twitter to address the encounter. "Was happy to present @justinbieber with a Diamond Jubilee Medal today," he wrote and posted a picture of him shaking hands with the teen pop idol. The Biebs himself hasn't posted anything on his Twitter about the honor.
Bieber is one of 60,000 Canadians who receive the medal which was created to mark the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II's accession to the throne this year. It's presented to honor "significant contributions and achievements by Canadians."
Instead of congratulating Bieber for the honor, some tweeps criticized the singer's choice of outfit, which consisted of overalls on top of a white T-shirt, completed with a baseball cap. One Twitter user named Beth Whittington wrote, "I cannot believe what Justin bieber wore to accept the diamond jubilee award from stephen Harper today. Embarrassing," while another said the way he dressed made him look "like a farmer or someone who's ready to paint walls."
More Justin Bieber News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding