Justin Bieber Presented With Diamond Jubilee Medal by Canadian PM
Justin Bieber has been honored with a Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal and he collected the award on Friday, November 23. He received the medal from Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper in Ottawa, Canada ahead of his concert at Scotiabank Place.
PM Harper took to Twitter to address the encounter. "Was happy to present @justinbieber with a Diamond Jubilee Medal today," he wrote and posted a picture of him shaking hands with the teen pop idol. The Biebs himself hasn't posted anything on his Twitter about the honor.
Bieber is one of 60,000 Canadians who receive the medal which was created to mark the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II's accession to the throne this year. It's presented to honor "significant contributions and achievements by Canadians."
Instead of congratulating Bieber for the honor, some tweeps criticized the singer's choice of outfit, which consisted of overalls on top of a white T-shirt, completed with a baseball cap. One Twitter user named Beth Whittington wrote, "I cannot believe what Justin bieber wore to accept the diamond jubilee award from stephen Harper today. Embarrassing," while another said the way he dressed made him look "like a farmer or someone who's ready to paint walls."
More Justin Bieber News
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order