Lindsay Lohan: My Relationship With Samantha Ronson Is Toxic
Three years after breaking up with Samantha Ronson, Lindsay Lohan opens up why their relationship didn't work although they loved each other deeply. In an interview with Us Weekly as part of press tour for "Liz & Dick" promo, she explains that what they had was "toxic."
"I need to love myself first before I could be with anyone else, and I was going through a lot. Two toxic people cannot be together. End of story. We're friends now. That's how it started so I think that's how it was meant to be," says the actress who plays Elizabeth Taylor in the TV movie.
LiLo, who dated the female DJ for a year, continues, "I was bold enough to say, 'Yeah, I like a girl. And?' That put her in a situation where she was being attacked every day. That's not fair. And what am I left with? Heartbreak. That was three years ago. It was my last serious relationship."
Talking about what she has in common with the legendary actress, the troubled actress says in a separate interview with The Hollywood Reporter, "I think we have a lot of similarities, with growing up famous her whole life and living your life in the public eye." She adds, "I look to her because she got through it."
Talking about her numerous troubles in the past, LiLo admits she got into the wrong crowd. "Kids go through ups and downs, try cigarettes, drugs and drinking. It's human nature. It took a while but it's like, 'What was I thinking? Why did I allow so many sycophants and bad influences to be around me?' " she explains.
"I was lonely and I didn't realize it. That's why I came back home to New York. I never feel lonely there. I can see my family and I have really good people in my life," she utters.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!