Lindsay Lohan: My Relationship With Samantha Ronson Is Toxic
Three years after breaking up with Samantha Ronson, Lindsay Lohan opens up why their relationship didn't work although they loved each other deeply. In an interview with Us Weekly as part of press tour for "Liz & Dick" promo, she explains that what they had was "toxic."
"I need to love myself first before I could be with anyone else, and I was going through a lot. Two toxic people cannot be together. End of story. We're friends now. That's how it started so I think that's how it was meant to be," says the actress who plays Elizabeth Taylor in the TV movie.
LiLo, who dated the female DJ for a year, continues, "I was bold enough to say, 'Yeah, I like a girl. And?' That put her in a situation where she was being attacked every day. That's not fair. And what am I left with? Heartbreak. That was three years ago. It was my last serious relationship."
Talking about what she has in common with the legendary actress, the troubled actress says in a separate interview with The Hollywood Reporter, "I think we have a lot of similarities, with growing up famous her whole life and living your life in the public eye." She adds, "I look to her because she got through it."
Talking about her numerous troubles in the past, LiLo admits she got into the wrong crowd. "Kids go through ups and downs, try cigarettes, drugs and drinking. It's human nature. It took a while but it's like, 'What was I thinking? Why did I allow so many sycophants and bad influences to be around me?' " she explains.
"I was lonely and I didn't realize it. That's why I came back home to New York. I never feel lonely there. I can see my family and I have really good people in my life," she utters.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed