Susan Boyle to Get Biopic Treatment From Fox Searchlight
"Britain's Got Talent" sensation Susan Boyle will get herself a big screen treatment. Her life story has officially been acquired by Fox Searchlight, which aims to create a biopic about the English singer which will be combined with the story of famous U.K. musical play "I Dreamed a Dream".
Per Deadline, the studio plans to mix Boyle's story and "I Dreamed a Dream" into a re-imagined film version of the musical. Fox Searchlight's Lucas Webb tells the site that the movie is designed to be "a sensitive and honest biopic with music." The project still hasn't locked its director and scribe, but it will be the studio's "front and center."
It is unclear if Boyle herself will be directly involved in the untitled Susan Boyle story or not. The singer once said that she wanted George Clooney to star as her manager should a studio make a movie about her. "It's a wishful thinking," she said. "But it's Hollywood... anything can happen."
Raised in a working class town in northern Scotland, Boyle auditioned for "Britain's Got Talent" in 2009, where she sang the famous "Les Miserables" lament "I Dreamed a Dream". Her career rocketed ever since and her first album coming out that year became the best-selling U.K. debut record of all time.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video