Susan Boyle to Get Biopic Treatment From Fox Searchlight
"Britain's Got Talent" sensation Susan Boyle will get herself a big screen treatment. Her life story has officially been acquired by Fox Searchlight, which aims to create a biopic about the English singer which will be combined with the story of famous U.K. musical play "I Dreamed a Dream".
Per Deadline, the studio plans to mix Boyle's story and "I Dreamed a Dream" into a re-imagined film version of the musical. Fox Searchlight's Lucas Webb tells the site that the movie is designed to be "a sensitive and honest biopic with music." The project still hasn't locked its director and scribe, but it will be the studio's "front and center."
It is unclear if Boyle herself will be directly involved in the untitled Susan Boyle story or not. The singer once said that she wanted George Clooney to star as her manager should a studio make a movie about her. "It's a wishful thinking," she said. "But it's Hollywood... anything can happen."
Raised in a working class town in northern Scotland, Boyle auditioned for "Britain's Got Talent" in 2009, where she sang the famous "Les Miserables" lament "I Dreamed a Dream". Her career rocketed ever since and her first album coming out that year became the best-selling U.K. debut record of all time.
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party