Susan Boyle to Get Biopic Treatment From Fox Searchlight
"Britain's Got Talent" sensation Susan Boyle will get herself a big screen treatment. Her life story has officially been acquired by Fox Searchlight, which aims to create a biopic about the English singer which will be combined with the story of famous U.K. musical play "I Dreamed a Dream".
Per Deadline, the studio plans to mix Boyle's story and "I Dreamed a Dream" into a re-imagined film version of the musical. Fox Searchlight's Lucas Webb tells the site that the movie is designed to be "a sensitive and honest biopic with music." The project still hasn't locked its director and scribe, but it will be the studio's "front and center."
It is unclear if Boyle herself will be directly involved in the untitled Susan Boyle story or not. The singer once said that she wanted George Clooney to star as her manager should a studio make a movie about her. "It's a wishful thinking," she said. "But it's Hollywood... anything can happen."
Raised in a working class town in northern Scotland, Boyle auditioned for "Britain's Got Talent" in 2009, where she sang the famous "Les Miserables" lament "I Dreamed a Dream". Her career rocketed ever since and her first album coming out that year became the best-selling U.K. debut record of all time.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs