Susan Boyle to Get Biopic Treatment From Fox Searchlight
"Britain's Got Talent" sensation Susan Boyle will get herself a big screen treatment. Her life story has officially been acquired by Fox Searchlight, which aims to create a biopic about the English singer which will be combined with the story of famous U.K. musical play "I Dreamed a Dream".
Per Deadline, the studio plans to mix Boyle's story and "I Dreamed a Dream" into a re-imagined film version of the musical. Fox Searchlight's Lucas Webb tells the site that the movie is designed to be "a sensitive and honest biopic with music." The project still hasn't locked its director and scribe, but it will be the studio's "front and center."
It is unclear if Boyle herself will be directly involved in the untitled Susan Boyle story or not. The singer once said that she wanted George Clooney to star as her manager should a studio make a movie about her. "It's a wishful thinking," she said. "But it's Hollywood... anything can happen."
Raised in a working class town in northern Scotland, Boyle auditioned for "Britain's Got Talent" in 2009, where she sang the famous "Les Miserables" lament "I Dreamed a Dream". Her career rocketed ever since and her first album coming out that year became the best-selling U.K. debut record of all time.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation