Rebecca Black Returns With New Video 'In Your Words'
Teen pop singer Rebecca Black has unveiled her new clip for the track "In Your Words" on Friday, November 23. The 15-year-old recording artist presents her mature and mellow sound in the new single and has the matching pensive and emotive visuals to go with the lyrics.
The video starts off with an easy guitar and drum rhythm as Black is seen going over a bunch of old letters, writing on her journal, and lazily walking around her huge abode. The singer then gets into the heavy break-up lyrics of the song while playing the piano and then jumping to visuals of her holding a black marker.
As Black croons the hurtful lines of the chorus, "moving on/Cause you set me free/And I'm trying to be as much of myself as if you were here with me...And I' feeling lost/ But it's not unheard/And while you go on living your life/I'm still stuck here/Living in your words", she goes all-out in silent protest and writes random words and graffiti on the clear glass door leading to the home's swimming pool.
"In Your Words" definitely takes Black away from the "partying up all night with friends" theme in most teen pop songs and shows a more mature and reflective side of her music. The young singer shot to fame with her 2011 debut track "Friday" as it went viral and received 167 million views on YouTube.
Rebecca Black's "In Your Words" Music Video
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors