Miley Cyrus Gets Rescued Pig From PETA for 20th Birthday
Miley Cyrus has gotten a special present from PETA on her 20th birthday, which falls on Friday, November 23. The largest animal rights organization in the world has sponsored a rescued pig named Nora to honor the "So Undercover" actress on her birthday. The pig has found a new home at Kindred Spirits Sanctuary in Florida.
"PETA knew that sponsoring a rescued pig was the perfect birthday present for a young woman who spends so much time encouraging others to help animals," PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman explained. "From promoting animal adoption to speaking up for cows who suffer on dairy fams, Miley never stops letting her millions of fans know what they can do to make the world a kinder place."
The pig was not the only gift the organization gave to Liam Hemsworth's fiancee. It also gave a hand to promote a donation page made by Cyrus' fans to celebrate her birthday this year. PETA helps raise fund for hearing foundation for deaf children Starkey and dog rescue foundation Saving Spot!. According to Starkey Hearing Foundation official site, it wants to raise $1,000 for her birthday, along with $1,000 to Saving Spot! Dog Rescue.
One of the 20-year-old superstar's fans from PETA wrote a statement on First Giving that he/she "wanted to do something special for her so MileyOnline.com and Mileycyrus.bz have joined to make donations for Starkey and Saving Spot and I know Miley is also a big support of 'PETA' so I've decided to make a donation for them! Every pennie counts, and no amount is too little." PETA targets $500 for the donation.
The "Can't Be Tamed" singer thanked her fans on Friday, November 23 for their attention to her, saying, "So much BIRFFFDAY love!... I wish everyday was like this :)." Later, she added, "Thank you to all my fans who donated to @starkeyhearing @spotrescuedogs for my birthday :) y'all topped it again best bday present by far!"
Two days before her birthday, she jokingly asked her buddies to give her special prizes. She tweeted, "2 days till my birrrrfdayyyyy! if I don't get atleast one big booty hoe my friends are officially not my friends anymore."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media