Lil Wayne to Retire From Rap and Concentrate on Sports
Lil Wayne is making retirement plans from the music industry, saying upcoming album "Tha Carter V" will be his last effort. He opened up to MTV News on Wednesday, November 21 of his dream of being a sports analyst after years of rapping.
"I know y'all want me around for a little bit, [but] Carter V is my last album," Wayne revealed. "Man, I've been rappin' since I was 8 years old. I'm 30 now, man. That's a long time, man." He added, "When I love to do something, I'm fully focused on it and it only. And music sometimes is not that 'it'."
Of what he thinks the future may hold for him, he said, "I'd be a skater/sports analyst. My day job will probably be sports analyst and I'll skate all night instead of being in the studio all night." Wayne has made his interest in skating no secret with his skate-inspire clothing line TRUKFIT and his supports of the skating communities.
"Skating is a world, it's a world... it's a life, it's a world, it's, it's own and I didn't know that," he said. "I thought it was four wheels and piece of wood. I didn't know that. Now I know it's a world and I just wanna be vital in that world."
His plans include a business venture with fellow rapper Nelly. "My big brother Nelly and I... him and I we got a sports show coming out. We don't have a station, we're just doin' it ourselves right now," Wayne gushed.
"Tha Carter V", his eleventh studio album, is expected to be released in 2013. Another album, "I Am Not a Human Being II" will be put in stores February 19 that year.
More Lil Wayne News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama