Lil Wayne to Retire From Rap and Concentrate on Sports
Lil Wayne is making retirement plans from the music industry, saying upcoming album "Tha Carter V" will be his last effort. He opened up to MTV News on Wednesday, November 21 of his dream of being a sports analyst after years of rapping.
"I know y'all want me around for a little bit, [but] Carter V is my last album," Wayne revealed. "Man, I've been rappin' since I was 8 years old. I'm 30 now, man. That's a long time, man." He added, "When I love to do something, I'm fully focused on it and it only. And music sometimes is not that 'it'."
Of what he thinks the future may hold for him, he said, "I'd be a skater/sports analyst. My day job will probably be sports analyst and I'll skate all night instead of being in the studio all night." Wayne has made his interest in skating no secret with his skate-inspire clothing line TRUKFIT and his supports of the skating communities.
"Skating is a world, it's a world... it's a life, it's a world, it's, it's own and I didn't know that," he said. "I thought it was four wheels and piece of wood. I didn't know that. Now I know it's a world and I just wanna be vital in that world."
His plans include a business venture with fellow rapper Nelly. "My big brother Nelly and I... him and I we got a sports show coming out. We don't have a station, we're just doin' it ourselves right now," Wayne gushed.
"Tha Carter V", his eleventh studio album, is expected to be released in 2013. Another album, "I Am Not a Human Being II" will be put in stores February 19 that year.
More Lil Wayne News
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months