Lil Wayne to Retire From Rap and Concentrate on Sports
Lil Wayne is making retirement plans from the music industry, saying upcoming album "Tha Carter V" will be his last effort. He opened up to MTV News on Wednesday, November 21 of his dream of being a sports analyst after years of rapping.
"I know y'all want me around for a little bit, [but] Carter V is my last album," Wayne revealed. "Man, I've been rappin' since I was 8 years old. I'm 30 now, man. That's a long time, man." He added, "When I love to do something, I'm fully focused on it and it only. And music sometimes is not that 'it'."
Of what he thinks the future may hold for him, he said, "I'd be a skater/sports analyst. My day job will probably be sports analyst and I'll skate all night instead of being in the studio all night." Wayne has made his interest in skating no secret with his skate-inspire clothing line TRUKFIT and his supports of the skating communities.
"Skating is a world, it's a world... it's a life, it's a world, it's, it's own and I didn't know that," he said. "I thought it was four wheels and piece of wood. I didn't know that. Now I know it's a world and I just wanna be vital in that world."
His plans include a business venture with fellow rapper Nelly. "My big brother Nelly and I... him and I we got a sports show coming out. We don't have a station, we're just doin' it ourselves right now," Wayne gushed.
"Tha Carter V", his eleventh studio album, is expected to be released in 2013. Another album, "I Am Not a Human Being II" will be put in stores February 19 that year.
More Lil Wayne News
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details