NFL Ditches Bradley Cooper 'Rich Eisen' Interview Last Minute
In fear of sending the wrong message, NFL Network has ditched a planned segment on "Rich Eisen Thanksgiving Special" that features "Silver Linings Playbook" stars Bradley Cooper and Chris Tucker. The movie's producer Harvey Weinstein called the move "censorship".
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's office made the last minute changes after Eisen's team had taped the segment and acquired approval. "The segment was pulled because the movie included content related to gambling on NFL games," a rep of NFL said in a statement. They were referring to Robert De Niro's character who is a part-time bookie.
The segment was actually already on the go with days of online promotion. "This interview was planned for weeks. The network requested the interview," a source told NY Post. The team had to replace Cooper and Tucker with other guests, "Mad Men" actor John Slattery and "The Simpsons" voice actor Hank Azaria, for the Friday, November 23 night broadcast.
The decision particularly doesn't sit well with Weinstein whose The Weinstein Company is behind the drama movie. "We are deeply disappointed in the NFL's decision, and we are quite frankly surprised. Pulling a pretaped interview with our stars is nothing short of censorship ...['Silver Linings'] is not a film about gambling in the NFL. It's a film about fathers and sons and football bonding a family together," Weinstein said.
More Bradley Cooper News
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys Singing About Heartbreak After Split From Blake Shelton
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Cleavage in New Instagram Pics
- Does Rae Sremmurd Break Up? Swae Lee Tries 'to Steal All the Shine' From Slim Jimmy
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!