Boxing Champion Hector Camacho Declared Brain Dead
Hector Camacho almost has no hope at all to recover after he was shot in the face by two assailants. Rio Piedras Medical Center director, Dr. Ernesto Torres, has announced that the Puerto Rican professional boxer who called himself Macho Camacho is brain dead.
"We have done everything we could," said Dr. Ernesto on Thursday, November 22. "We have to tell people of Puerto Rico and the entire world that Macho Camacho has died; he is brain dead." Thus, doctors won't do medical tests anymore on the 50-year-old boxer.
The family of the lightweight former champion will make a decision on Friday, November 23, whether to remove his life support or not. The decision will be taken once Hector's son arrives from New York. Hector's father has uttered his wish to donate his son's organs but he also asked Centro Medico Hospital not to take off an artificial respirator, which supports his life.
On Tuesday, November 20, the boxer, who was known for his quickness on boxing rings, was sitting with his childhood pal, Alberto Yamil Mojica, in a Ford Mustang parked outside a bar in a suburban town west of San Juan capital, when two persons shot them.
Alberto passed away instantly. Meanwhile, Hector was critical after the bullet hit his jaw, passing through his head and fractured two vertebrae before it got into his right shoulder. The boxing champion was then rushed into hospital. His condition deteriorated and his prognosis was very poor. On Wednesday, November 21, however, his brain still showed some irregular and intermittent activities.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs