Cher Unveils New Single 'Woman's World' on Thanksgiving
Singer Cher has just unveiled her new single, "Woman's World" on Wednesday, November 21. The music legend surprised her fans with the early Thanksgiving tune via a Twitter announcement and then posted a stream of the song online.
The song presents an upbeat and very catchy dance rhythm from the 66-year-old diva and as soon as the track picks up and the synthesizers kick in, listeners will forget that it is actually a grandma singing in the club tune.
Cher, who also seems to be jumping on the club scene bandwagon, manages yet again to scream woman empowerment on this track. This outing is the first one since the singer's last studio album in 2001 titled "Living Proof" and is sounding like a very strong comeback single that will have its reign in the charts and on the dance floor.
"Woman's World" is from the timeless diva's upcoming studio set, slated for a 2013 release. Earlier, she tweeted to a fan about the new album's inspiration and said, "Eclectic! Lots of dance, but none (are the) same kind of dance! Have big ass choruses, some heart rippers!" She also explained that the new effort would follow the footsteps of her 1998 "Believe" album.
Cher has previously revealed that artists like Pink and Lady GaGa have also penned songs for her comeback album.
More Cher News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake