Cher Unveils New Single 'Woman's World' on Thanksgiving
Singer Cher has just unveiled her new single, "Woman's World" on Wednesday, November 21. The music legend surprised her fans with the early Thanksgiving tune via a Twitter announcement and then posted a stream of the song online.
The song presents an upbeat and very catchy dance rhythm from the 66-year-old diva and as soon as the track picks up and the synthesizers kick in, listeners will forget that it is actually a grandma singing in the club tune.
Cher, who also seems to be jumping on the club scene bandwagon, manages yet again to scream woman empowerment on this track. This outing is the first one since the singer's last studio album in 2001 titled "Living Proof" and is sounding like a very strong comeback single that will have its reign in the charts and on the dance floor.
"Woman's World" is from the timeless diva's upcoming studio set, slated for a 2013 release. Earlier, she tweeted to a fan about the new album's inspiration and said, "Eclectic! Lots of dance, but none (are the) same kind of dance! Have big ass choruses, some heart rippers!" She also explained that the new effort would follow the footsteps of her 1998 "Believe" album.
Cher has previously revealed that artists like Pink and Lady GaGa have also penned songs for her comeback album.
More Cher News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign