First Photos of 'The Double' Featuring Jesse Eisenberg and Noah Taylor Released
Photos of the upcoming dark comedy, "The Double (2013)", have been released online via CinemaTeaser on November 22. The pictures show actors Jesse Eisenberg and Noah Taylor in what seems to be suspense-filled moments from the movie directed by British film director, actor, and writer, Richard Ayoade.
As eager film followers of the "Submarine" director wait for the film's release next year, two movie stills reveal a glimpse into the world of Eisenberg's character in the movie. The photos both have atmospheric environments and share a common theme of dramatic lighting and modern noir-style framing and stark production design.
"The Double" is a movie adaptation of the famous short story from Russian novelist Fyodor Dostoevsky. It tells about a man's conflict with himself as he is almost driven to insanity and a nervous breakdown because of the appearance of his doppelganger. Although the story has a comic nature, Ayoade's attack on the storyline will tackle loneliness and a person's inherent need to love and be loved.
Other respectable actors in the cast include Mia Wasikowska, Wallace Shawn, Rade Serbedzija, James Fox and Yasmin Paige. The film is currently on its post-production stage and is expected to be released by next year, 2013.
Ayoade made his directorial debut with "Submarine" back in 2010. It is an adaptation of Joe Dunthorne's Welsh coming-of-age novel.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival