Extended Trailer for BBC America's New Original Series 'Ripper Street'
BBC America is promoting its upcoming original series "Ripper Street" and shares more footage from the show in an extended trailer. Set in and around Whitechapel in 1889, it centers on the notorious H Division, which is charged with keeping order in the all-consuming chaotic East London streets.
In the aftermath of the infamous Jack the Ripper murders, the police officers are forced to face public's curiosity when dead people are found on the street with part of their bodies ripped. "These streets demand your vigilance," says a citizen to a police inspector.
"Ripper Street" is dubbed a riveting new crime series. BBC America's SVP of Programming, Richard De Croce , said, "This script and cast are going to take us for a great ride. We're excited to be involved in such an ambitious production with Tiger Aspect and Lookout Point."
It's created by "Mistresses" writer Richard Warlow with BBC America co-producing alongside Tiger Aspect Productions and Lookout Point. Filming took place in Dublin, Ireland and was wrapped up in late July.
The eight-part series is slated to premiere January 19, 2013 at 9 P.M. ET. Joining the cast ensemble are Matthew Macfadyen, Jerome Flynn, Adam Rothenberg, Myanna Buring and David Dawson.
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split