Jake Owen Welcomes Baby Girl on Thanksgiving, Debuts Daughter on Twitter
Jake Owen is officially a father. His first daughter with wife Lacey Buchanan was born on Thursday, November 22, in Nashville, Tennessee. She was named Olive Pearl Owen to honor the singer's late godmother who died last July. The healthy baby weighed in at 6 lbs., 3 oz. and is 19.5 inches long.
The proud father announced the birth of his first child on the same day the baby was born. He tweeted, "Today is the greatest day of my life. Welcome Olive Pearl Owen. 6lbs 3 oz Turkey Baby!!! Happy Thanksgiving," and shared a picture of him holding his daughter.
He also expressed his gratitude via the social network, saying, "I'm very thankful for many things in my life. My family, my dog, my career and all of you guys." He added, "I hope you all are having an amazing day."
"Lacey and I are so excited to start our own family," the "Startin' with Me" singer expressed his happiness to PEOPLE. "We are looking forward to teaching Pearl everything we learned from our parents and also learning from her."
The 31-year-old country singer tied the knot with Lacey on May 7 in a morning ceremony in Vero Beach, Florida after he popped the question to the model on April 7.
Jake made his debut as a country music artist in 2005 when he signed a contract with RCA Records Nashville. On July 25, 2006, he released his first album "Startin' with Me". The album spawned three hit singles, "Yee Haw", "Startin' with Me", and "Something About a Woman", which all entered Top 20 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
He then released his second album "Easy Does It" on February 24, 2009, and his third album "Barefoot Blue Jean Night" on August 30, 2011. On September 25 this year, he published an extended play entitled "Endless Summer".
- Scott Disick Who? Bella Thorne Reveals She Has Her Eye on Someone New
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Slams His Car Onto Paparazzo in Beverly Hills
- 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Season 9 Taps Jimmy Kimmel and More to Guest Star
- Charlie Sheen Accused of Infecting Gay Lover With HIV
- Gwen Stefani Is Reportedly Pregnant With Twins and Wants Advice From Beyonce
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 Is in Early Development
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie