Chris Brown Backs Out From South American Show After Protests Over Rihanna Assault
Chris Brown gets another dose of unwelcoming protestors, this time in the South American country, Guyana. The artist backed out from his December 26 headliner concert amidst protests of women's rights groups against his 2009 physical assault on ex-girlfriend, Rihanna.
Breezy was supposed to headline a big show in the capital city of Georgetown, but South American women's rights protestors and opposition lawmakers immediately released statements making it known that the "Don't Wake Me Up" singer would not be welcomed in their city. Brown, upon learning of the incident and becoming uneasy, decides to cancel his appearance on the show.
This is not the first time that the troubled singer has faced angry protestors trying to spurn his concert over his Rihanna mishap. Earlier this month, a mysterious group of protestors in Sweden managed to plaster posters of Brown's ex-girlfriend showing her battered face and used it as a promo material for the rapper's November 19 concert in Stockholm.
In 2009, the 23-year-old star hit, choked and bit Rihanna on the eve of the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles during a heated argument. He later pleaded guilty to assault and is still serving his probation of five years. He has since taken violence counseling and has been attempting to repair his image to fans. Brown and RiRi have recently released a duet titled "Nobodies Business".
More Chris Brown News
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up