Chris Brown Backs Out From South American Show After Protests Over Rihanna Assault
Chris Brown gets another dose of unwelcoming protestors, this time in the South American country, Guyana. The artist backed out from his December 26 headliner concert amidst protests of women's rights groups against his 2009 physical assault on ex-girlfriend, Rihanna.
Breezy was supposed to headline a big show in the capital city of Georgetown, but South American women's rights protestors and opposition lawmakers immediately released statements making it known that the "Don't Wake Me Up" singer would not be welcomed in their city. Brown, upon learning of the incident and becoming uneasy, decides to cancel his appearance on the show.
This is not the first time that the troubled singer has faced angry protestors trying to spurn his concert over his Rihanna mishap. Earlier this month, a mysterious group of protestors in Sweden managed to plaster posters of Brown's ex-girlfriend showing her battered face and used it as a promo material for the rapper's November 19 concert in Stockholm.
In 2009, the 23-year-old star hit, choked and bit Rihanna on the eve of the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles during a heated argument. He later pleaded guilty to assault and is still serving his probation of five years. He has since taken violence counseling and has been attempting to repair his image to fans. Brown and RiRi have recently released a duet titled "Nobodies Business".
More Chris Brown News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival