September 30, 2016  
Home > News > TV

Kevin Clash's Voice Could Be Heard on 'Sesame Street' Until 2014

November 23, 2012 (1:51 am) GMT
The voice of Elmo, who recently resigned to due to underage-sex accusations, has recorded material enough for two more years.

Kevin Clash may have resigned from "", but his voice will possibly be heard on the children's show until the next two years. New York Post learns from show executives that the Elmo puppeteer has filmed episodes through 2014.

Clash quit the long-running series after being hit with underage-sex claims by two guys. The first accuser, Sheldon Stephen, recanted his claim in mid-November reportedly after Clash paid him $125,000, but the aspiring model later considered to undo the settlement.

The second accuser, Cecil Singleton, slapped Clash with a $5 million lawsuit for "adverse psychological and emotional effects from Kevin Clash's sexual acts and conduct until 2012." Singleton's lawsuit was quickly followed with Clash's resignation.

Though Clash has quit as the voice of Elmo, the red furry monster still joins the 2012 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on November 22 with another puppeteer bringing him to life. A Sesame Workshop executive previously insisted that Clash's departure wouldn't affect the show's production because other actors had been filling in for Clash when he was off work.

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
  2. 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
  3. Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
  4. Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
  5. Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
  6. Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
  7. Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
  8. These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake