Michael K. Williams Tweets First Photo of Gary Oldman on 'RoboCop' Set
Michael Kenneth Williams has let fans see a first glimpse at Gary Oldman's character in Jose Padilha's "RoboCop" remake. Taking to his Twitter, Michael who plays Officer Jack Lewis in the film posts a photo of him and Gary on the set of the anticipated movie. The two are featured rocking Detroit police vests.
Gary himself is seen pulling what seems to be his best Robert De Niro impression as Michael writes in the picture's caption, "Classic Di Niro face." Gary is supposed to star as an OniCorp scientist who resurrects Alex Murphy and turns him into RoboCop. It is unclear as to why he dons the cop vest on the set. Aside from Gary's image, Michael shares another photo of him and young actor John Paul Ruttan, who will play Alex Murphy's son Jimmy.
"RoboCop" is set in 2029, where multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front.
Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex's life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.
Slated for a February 7, 2014 release in the U.S., "RoboCop" also stars Joel Kinnaman as the titular cyborg, Abbie Cornish as the protagonist's conflicted wife, and Samuel L. Jackson as a patriotic media mogul. Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Jay Baruchel and Jackie Earle Haley are also on board to support the sci-fier.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift