Jessica Biel on Playing Vera Miles in 'Hitchcock': 'It's Terrifying'
Apparently Scarlett Johansson wasn't the only one who thought that playing an iconic actress in Sacha Gervasi's "Hitchcock" was a daunting task. Her co-star Jessica Biel, who stars as screen legend Vera Miles, also shares similar feeling as she brands the acting stint "terrifying."
Speaking to ET Online, the wife of Justin Timberlake opens up that it's hard to portray Miles especially because the "Psycho" actress is still alive until now. "Portraying a woman who is such a screen icon in my mind - and someone who is still alive - [is] terrifying, but exciting," the newly-wed actress says. "A really provocative thing for me to be able to be a part of."
In "Hitchcock", Biel's Miles plays the sister of Janet Leigh's character in "Psycho". Miles investigate the disappearance of Leigh, who is portrayed by Johansson. As famously known, Johansson recreates the iconic shower murder scene of Leigh's character in the 1960 thriller. Commenting on her co-star's much-talked-about scene, Biel admits that she wasn't there when Johansson shot the shower scene.
"I was in and around that day because we were shooting the very end of it when she walks out of the shower and she sort of runs into all of us as we're standing around completely shocked at what she's just experienced," Biel recalls. "[But] I wasn't there when she was being tortured in that shower - it looks pretty intense."
"Hitchcock" follows the story of Hitchcock's struggles during the making of the 1960 seminal film "Physco". It centers on the legendary director's relationship with his wife, editor and assistant director Alma Reville. She was his sounding board and constant collaborator for the fifty-four years of their marriage, and had a keen mind for dialogue and continuity.
"Behind the scenes [stories are] always very intriguing and interesting, especially when you're watching the life of an icon like Alfred Hitchcock," Biel gushes about the movie.
The film hits the U.S. cinemas on Black Friday, November 23. Anthony Hopkins stars as the titular film legend, while Helen Mirren plays his wife Reville.
"Hitchcock" New Clip - "The Oath":
"Hitchcock" New Clip - "In Editing":
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri