Alicia Keys Gives Sneak Peak of New Album 'Girl on Fire'
Alicia Keys is all out with her promotion for her upcoming fifth studio album, "Girl on Fire", slated for release on November 27 in the U.S. As part of creating more hype for the LP, the R'n'B star gave a track-by-track preview of the record during her Google+ Hangout live chat session on Tuesday, November 20.
The chat session, which has been uploaded on the singer's official YouTube channel, is a two-hour plus long video that contains a lot of insightful conversations with Keys and her musician collaborators who joined the preview show in New York via webcam. Present during the chat were singers Miguel, Maxwell, and Emeli Sande.
During the hangout, the "Unlock Yourself" performer sang along to her favorite tracks on the album and gave insights on what the record was all about. Miguel went on to comment, "I get this sense you feel more empowered than you ever have before." Keys then replied, "I think that description is perfect. You must be a songwriter!...I think having a son now, I found a place I never knew before. I feel like I have a center I didn't have before, an openness I didn't have before."
Keys also took the chat session as an opportunity to announce news about her upcoming tour with Miguel on March. Miguel is one of the flyest songwriters. The way you piece ideas and concepts and thoughts, you are really special," the 31-year-old singer commented. Keys and Miguel collaborated this year on "Where's the Fun in Forever", which was from Miguel's critically acclaimed album "Kaleidoscope Dream".
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy