Alicia Keys Gives Sneak Peak of New Album 'Girl on Fire'
Alicia Keys is all out with her promotion for her upcoming fifth studio album, "Girl on Fire", slated for release on November 27 in the U.S. As part of creating more hype for the LP, the R'n'B star gave a track-by-track preview of the record during her Google+ Hangout live chat session on Tuesday, November 20.
The chat session, which has been uploaded on the singer's official YouTube channel, is a two-hour plus long video that contains a lot of insightful conversations with Keys and her musician collaborators who joined the preview show in New York via webcam. Present during the chat were singers Miguel, Maxwell, and Emeli Sande.
During the hangout, the "Unlock Yourself" performer sang along to her favorite tracks on the album and gave insights on what the record was all about. Miguel went on to comment, "I get this sense you feel more empowered than you ever have before." Keys then replied, "I think that description is perfect. You must be a songwriter!...I think having a son now, I found a place I never knew before. I feel like I have a center I didn't have before, an openness I didn't have before."
Keys also took the chat session as an opportunity to announce news about her upcoming tour with Miguel on March. Miguel is one of the flyest songwriters. The way you piece ideas and concepts and thoughts, you are really special," the 31-year-old singer commented. Keys and Miguel collaborated this year on "Where's the Fun in Forever", which was from Miguel's critically acclaimed album "Kaleidoscope Dream".
More Alicia Keys News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!