Alicia Keys Gives Sneak Peak of New Album 'Girl on Fire'
Alicia Keys is all out with her promotion for her upcoming fifth studio album, "Girl on Fire", slated for release on November 27 in the U.S. As part of creating more hype for the LP, the R'n'B star gave a track-by-track preview of the record during her Google+ Hangout live chat session on Tuesday, November 20.
The chat session, which has been uploaded on the singer's official YouTube channel, is a two-hour plus long video that contains a lot of insightful conversations with Keys and her musician collaborators who joined the preview show in New York via webcam. Present during the chat were singers Miguel, Maxwell, and Emeli Sande.
During the hangout, the "Unlock Yourself" performer sang along to her favorite tracks on the album and gave insights on what the record was all about. Miguel went on to comment, "I get this sense you feel more empowered than you ever have before." Keys then replied, "I think that description is perfect. You must be a songwriter!...I think having a son now, I found a place I never knew before. I feel like I have a center I didn't have before, an openness I didn't have before."
Keys also took the chat session as an opportunity to announce news about her upcoming tour with Miguel on March. Miguel is one of the flyest songwriters. The way you piece ideas and concepts and thoughts, you are really special," the 31-year-old singer commented. Keys and Miguel collaborated this year on "Where's the Fun in Forever", which was from Miguel's critically acclaimed album "Kaleidoscope Dream".
More Alicia Keys News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed