Cee-Lo Green Premieres Holiday Video 'This Christmas'
Looks like offbeat singer and record producer Cee-Lo Green got an early jump-start for the holidays as he premiered his new clip "This Christmas". The track is Green's remake of the 1970 Donny Hathaway yuletide classic and is included in his holiday album, "Cee Lo's Magic Moment".
"The Voice" mentor is seen in his usual unconventional and amusing self in the three-minute long video directed by Mikael Colombu. The clip itself is filled with bizarre looking holiday props, stop-motion animation, 2-D graphic effects, and a lot of anthropomorphic animals which interact with the singer in an equally disjointed world of expressionistic scales.
Green wears a fitting Christmas getup in the form of a brilliant red tracksuit while crooning the 70's classic behind a full moon and in front of an audience made up of deer and elk-headed human bodies. The strange scenes do not stop there as Green tries to woo a sexy giraffe-lady and skates off to the holiday skies on his skateboard.
Cee-Lo Green was recently caught holding a scepter clad in shimmering precious stones on his performance with "The Voice" co-mentor Christina Aguilera. The two judges gave a Victorian era fashion-themed rendition of "Make the World Move" on the November 13 episode of "The Voice". The modern anthemic track is the two artists' collaboration on Aguilera's seventh studio album, "Lotus".
Cee-Lo Green's "This Christmas" Music Video
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington