'Price Is Right' Model Awarded $7.7 Million in Pregnancy Lawsuit
Former "The Price Is Right" model Brandi Cochran will walk home a multi-millionaire after winning a lawsuit against the show's producers. The 41-year-old has been awarded $7,763,440 in punitive damages from her wrongful termination and discrimination lawsuit.
Earlier this week, on Tuesday, November 20 to be exact, the jury had awarded Cochran $775,000 in compensatory damages. FreemantleMedia, which produces the long-running game show, has indicated that it will appeal the jury's decision.
"We believe the verdict in this case was the result of a flawed process in which the court, among other things, refused to allow the jury to hear and consider that 40 percent of our models have been pregnant and other important evidence to our defense," a spokesman for the company said after the Tuesday verdict.
"We expect to be fully vindicated after the matter has been reviewed and stand behind executive producer Mike Richards and the staff of The Price is Right," the spokesman added.
Cochran sued FremantleMedia North America and The Price Is Right Productions in 2010 after she was fired when her maternity leave came to an end. She claimed the producers "discriminated against, harassed, and retaliated against Cochran, including making remarks about her pregnancy, her appearance, her weight, and her eating habits."
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'