Mayim Bialik Breaks Up With Husband of Nine Years
Mayim Bialik decided to end her relationship with Michael Stone after nine years of marriage. She wrote on Twitter, Wednesday, November 21, "I'm beating the tabloids to it and posting this Divorce Statement," and posted a link to her official site, where she announced the breakup.
"After much consideration and soul-searching, Michael and I have arrived at the decision to divorce due to 'Irreconcilable Differences'," the 36-year-old actress said in a statement. She then stated that she understood how "sad, painful, and incomprehensible" the decision was for their kids. "It is not something we have decided lightly," she added.
The mother of two then uttered, "The hands-on style of parenting we practice played no role in the changes that led to this decision." She went on, "Relationships are complicated no matter what style of parenting you choose."
She then explained that her focus at this moment was to minimize the pain the children might feel during the difficult time, so that they could pass through the transition period well. "Our sons deserve parents committed to their growth and health and that's what we are focusing on," said the alumnus of UCLA.
The Amy Farrah Fowler of "The Big Bang Theory" then told the readers, "Our privacy has always been important and is even more so now, and we thank you in advance for respecting it as we negotiate this new terrain."
Mayim walked down the aisle with Michael on August 31, 2003 in a Victorian-themed wedding ceremony. Together, they have two children named Miles Roosevelt Bialik Stone and Frederick Heschel Bialik Stone. Miles is seven years old, while Frederick is still four years old.
The Blossom Russo of "Blossom" admitted that her neuroscience background influenced the way she raised the children. She once revealed to Los Angeles Times the way she took care of them, which included breast-feeding, sleeping with her kids, and donning them in a sling.
She stated at the time, "Attachment parenting is not permissive parenting, but the general notion is children have feelings that should be valued." The parenting style of sleeping with children is opposed by The American Academy of Pediatrics since it can cause sudden infant death syndrome, but she insisted that it's beneficial.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart