Chevy Chase Drops Out of 'Community' Mid Season 4
Chevy Chase is leaving "Community" while the show is still filming its fourth season. According to Deadline, the 69-year-old actor/comedian and the series producers are parting ways by mutual agreement.
The Pierce Hawthorne depicter won't appear in just one or two episodes which haven't been filmed. He, however, is going to be featured in the season 4 finale which has been shot earlier.
Chase's departure doesn't really come as a shock since he has a rocky relationship with the show. Earlier this year, his feud with creator Dan Harmon grabbed headlines, which ended up with the showrunner getting fired and replaced by David Guarascio and Moses Port.
Chase once also blasted the college comedy in a leaked voice mail. He claimed the show wasn't funny and complained that his jokes were cut down. "And then you have an editor with no f**king sense of humor and no sense of me cutting things down to the point where I just look like an a**hole," he further ranted, calling the show "a f**king mediocre sitcom."
"Community" is now set to return with a shortened season 4 on February 7 after NBC postponed the October 19 premiere date.
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant