Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Hounsou Call It Quits
Kimora Lee Simmons and her boyfriend of more than five years, actor Djimon Hounsou, decide to go their separate ways. "Djimon Hounsou and Kimora Lee Simmons have officially separated after five-and-a-half years," a rep for the actor tells PEOPLE. "Though never married, they have one child together, Kenzo Lee Hounsou, who is three-and-a-half years old."
Kimora confirmed the separation on her Twitter. "There have been quite a few hurtful rumors circulating," she began her post, before adding, "The truth is Djimon+I have been separated for some time. We have remained happy, loving, co-parenting friends+family. We all have much to be thankful for. #HappyThanksgiving."
One of her Twitter followers wrote to her, "oh dear its so sad whn people look up 2 u this is the worst thing 2 happen makes us think 'marriage' means nothing 2day," to which she replied, "Quite the opposite. It means I am like u. We all go they things. We do the best we can. W our heads #UP."
Although Kimora and Djimon were never legally married in the United States, they once took part in a traditional commitment ceremony when visiting his home country of Benin. Although they insisted the ceremony was not a wedding, he was billed as her husband in her TV show "Life in the Fab Lane". They welcomed their first child together in May 2009.
Kimora started dating "Blood Diamond" actor Djimon in 2007. She was previously married to Def Jam founder Russell Simmons and got their divorce finalized in 2009. They have two daughters together, Ming Lee (born 2000) and Aoki Lee (born 2002).
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival