Jon Bon Jovi Finally Speaks on Daughter's Drug Arrest
Jon Bon Jovi has broken his silence on the recent arrest of his teen daughter. The rocker, who is also an anti-drugs advocate, called his 19-year-old Stephanie Rose Bongiovi's heroin overdose a "tragedy" that the family must deal with.
Stephanie was caught in possession of controlled substances, a small amount of heroin and marijuana. Police were called to her college dorm in Kirkland, New York on November 14 and found her overdosing on heroin. She was taken to hospital after the incident and was later released from custody. Charges against her were dropped last week, thanks to a so-called Good Samaritan law passed last year.
"People will say she got away with murder because of who she is, but this law was passed so people don't watch somebody die because they're afraid of jail," Oneida County District Attorney Scott McNamara explained to the New York Daily News. "And you don't want the person overdosing to say, 'No, don't call'."
Speaking to Los Angeles' Fox 11, Jon said, "What I do for a living seems glitzy and glamorous but if you don't take it too seriously it's a great way to make a living. And then life goes on. Things happen. ... This tragedy was something that I had to face too so we'll get through it. And people's warm wishes for my family and I have been really reassuring. So, we're good"
Stephanie is Jon's firstborn from his marriage to Dorothea Hurley.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance