Jon Bon Jovi Finally Speaks on Daughter's Drug Arrest
Jon Bon Jovi has broken his silence on the recent arrest of his teen daughter. The rocker, who is also an anti-drugs advocate, called his 19-year-old Stephanie Rose Bongiovi's heroin overdose a "tragedy" that the family must deal with.
Stephanie was caught in possession of controlled substances, a small amount of heroin and marijuana. Police were called to her college dorm in Kirkland, New York on November 14 and found her overdosing on heroin. She was taken to hospital after the incident and was later released from custody. Charges against her were dropped last week, thanks to a so-called Good Samaritan law passed last year.
"People will say she got away with murder because of who she is, but this law was passed so people don't watch somebody die because they're afraid of jail," Oneida County District Attorney Scott McNamara explained to the New York Daily News. "And you don't want the person overdosing to say, 'No, don't call'."
Speaking to Los Angeles' Fox 11, Jon said, "What I do for a living seems glitzy and glamorous but if you don't take it too seriously it's a great way to make a living. And then life goes on. Things happen. ... This tragedy was something that I had to face too so we'll get through it. And people's warm wishes for my family and I have been really reassuring. So, we're good"
Stephanie is Jon's firstborn from his marriage to Dorothea Hurley.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?