Racer Danica Patrick Divorcing Husband of Seven Years
NASCAR driver Danica Patrick announced that she is divorcing from her husband of seven years, Paul Hospenthal. On Tuesday, November 20 morning, Patrick wrote on her Facebook page to tell the world about the sad news but noted that they have split on good terms.
"I am sad to inform my fans that after 7 years, Paul and I have decided to amicably end our marriage. This isn't easy for either of us, but mutually it has come to this," the racing star wrote. "He has been an important person and friend in my life and that's how we will remain moving forward."
Patrick and Hospenthal were married in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2005 after a year of engagement. She met the physical therapist and personal trainer, who is 17 years older than her, when he was treating her for non-racing injury. Specializing in fitness and golfers, Hospenthal reportedly mended her hip after she injured it during yoga. The couple had no children from the marriage.
However, not everything is gloomy in Patrick's life. The 30-year-old former IndyCar racer was recently voted NASCAR's Most Popular Driver in a fan vote after completing her first full season in the series. "It's nice to win this in the meantime," she told ESPN, adding her ultimate goal is to win the Nationwide title. She recently finished 10th in the 2012 Nationwide standings.
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'