Racer Danica Patrick Divorcing Husband of Seven Years
NASCAR driver Danica Patrick announced that she is divorcing from her husband of seven years, Paul Hospenthal. On Tuesday, November 20 morning, Patrick wrote on her Facebook page to tell the world about the sad news but noted that they have split on good terms.
"I am sad to inform my fans that after 7 years, Paul and I have decided to amicably end our marriage. This isn't easy for either of us, but mutually it has come to this," the racing star wrote. "He has been an important person and friend in my life and that's how we will remain moving forward."
Patrick and Hospenthal were married in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2005 after a year of engagement. She met the physical therapist and personal trainer, who is 17 years older than her, when he was treating her for non-racing injury. Specializing in fitness and golfers, Hospenthal reportedly mended her hip after she injured it during yoga. The couple had no children from the marriage.
However, not everything is gloomy in Patrick's life. The 30-year-old former IndyCar racer was recently voted NASCAR's Most Popular Driver in a fan vote after completing her first full season in the series. "It's nice to win this in the meantime," she told ESPN, adding her ultimate goal is to win the Nationwide title. She recently finished 10th in the 2012 Nationwide standings.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns