Eric Stonestreet on His AMA Appearance: 'I Was Not Drunk! I Was Tipsy! There's a Difference'
Actor Eric Stonestreet certainly gave the media and online community something to talk about after his appearance at the recently concluded American Music Awards 2012 on Sunday night did not quite go so well. The "Modern Family" actor looked like he spent too much time with the bottle that night, which made viewers criticize him for being drunk on stage.
Stonestreet was quick to defend himself, though. The 41-year-old Emmy Award-winning comedian clarified on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" on Monday that he might have taken some drinks that night but he was certainly not drunk. He also had an awkward moment as presenter when he played keep-away with it with Taylor Swift's Country Female of the Year statuette.
"I was not drunk! I was tipsy! There's a difference," Stonestreet insisted on the late-night show. After this declaration, Jimmy Kimmel played the video of the actor's AMA appearance once again and this time the TV star was blurting out a different dialogue.
"Not drunk? Just tipsy, then?" Kimmel asked after showing the clip. Stonestreet replied, "Yeah, yeah. Totally. But, boy, that's the first time I saw it and, wow, is that guy drunk or what?"
Viewers will be the ones to judge whether the Kansas City native was truly just tipsy or had too much booze on one shot. Fans who would like to see a more somber Stonestreet can watch him every Wednesday at 9 P.M. ET on ABC's "Modern Family".
Eric Stonestreet on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!":
Eric Stonestreet presents award to Taylor Swift:
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3