Selena Gomez Becomes the Style Ambassador for Adidas NEO
Selena Gomez has nabbed a new gig. The pop singer is now the style ambassador of Adidas NEO label, Adidas has announced in a statement. It declares, "As adidas NEO Label's new style ambassador, Selena will inspire teens with the label's fresh looks through a three-year partnership until the end-2015."
Selena will make appearances for NEO in major markets in 2013 and 2014. She will share its latest news, designs, and collections on her social networks. Moreover, she will be the icon of NEO's seasonal campaigns under its "Live Your Style" positioning, beginning with Spring/Summer 2013 to debut in February next year.
The "Love You Like a Love Song" hitmaker told Teen Vogue about the new project, "They know what's going to happen in 2014!" The Latino beauty continued, "They know all the hip stuff, so I almost feel like the underdog in and learning about the whole design process."
The "Spring Breakers" actress had her own fashion line Dream Out Loud launched in October 2010. The products include bohemian dresses, floral tops, jeans, skirts, jackets, scarves, and hats. All are made of eco-friendly materials.
In order to introduce the actress as the new icon of Adidas NEO, the sports company held a news conference, in Los Angeles, California, where Selena posed for photocalls. It also launched a video featuring the actress playing bright green ribbons with some other teenagers.
Coincidentally or not, she followed the path of on-and-off boyfriend Justin Bieber, who has represented NEO as the spokesman since October. He will appear for NEO in major markets throughout 2013. Like Selena, he has the responsibility to share its latest news and collections on his social networks. He also will front "Live Your Style" positioning, which will debut in Spring/Summer 2013.
"I found a real connection with NEO because it is about fashion, freedom and being true to who you are," the "Never Say Never" singer explained when he was announced as the face of NEO. "With my new album, 'Believe', I am spreading the message of believing in yourself. The first step is showing who you are, and one of the great ways to showcase yourself is through fashion. For me style is an adventure, something to have fun with and NEO believes this too."
More Selena Gomez News
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?