Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne Apologizes Over Grenade Incident in Airport
Wayne Coyne, the frontman of The Flaming Lips, tweets a picture of himself giving a peace sign with his hand after he sent TSA agent into panic when a grenade was found in his travel bag. "Sorry Sorry Sorry!! Everyone that was inconvenienced because of my grenade at OKC airport!!" he wrote.
Wayne was about to fly to Los Angeles from Rogers airport in Oklahoma City when the airport officials found the grenade at the security checkpoint. The 51-year-old rocker claimed that he accidentally packed the device in his luggage and that it was given to him by a friend at a party as a joke.
TMZ reported there wasn't any "bomb guy" on duty when the incident happened, causing frenzy among the officials on how to handle the situation. The grenade was dead, but the airport was still temporarily shut down as a precaution. As a result, many travelers missed their scheduled flights.
Wayne himself was to fly to El Lay to attend a preview of the new Flaming Lips musical "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots".
More Wayne Coyne News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7