Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne Apologizes Over Grenade Incident in Airport
Wayne Coyne, the frontman of The Flaming Lips, tweets a picture of himself giving a peace sign with his hand after he sent TSA agent into panic when a grenade was found in his travel bag. "Sorry Sorry Sorry!! Everyone that was inconvenienced because of my grenade at OKC airport!!" he wrote.
Wayne was about to fly to Los Angeles from Rogers airport in Oklahoma City when the airport officials found the grenade at the security checkpoint. The 51-year-old rocker claimed that he accidentally packed the device in his luggage and that it was given to him by a friend at a party as a joke.
TMZ reported there wasn't any "bomb guy" on duty when the incident happened, causing frenzy among the officials on how to handle the situation. The grenade was dead, but the airport was still temporarily shut down as a precaution. As a result, many travelers missed their scheduled flights.
Wayne himself was to fly to El Lay to attend a preview of the new Flaming Lips musical "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots".
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective