Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne Apologizes Over Grenade Incident in Airport
Wayne Coyne, the frontman of The Flaming Lips, tweets a picture of himself giving a peace sign with his hand after he sent TSA agent into panic when a grenade was found in his travel bag. "Sorry Sorry Sorry!! Everyone that was inconvenienced because of my grenade at OKC airport!!" he wrote.
Wayne was about to fly to Los Angeles from Rogers airport in Oklahoma City when the airport officials found the grenade at the security checkpoint. The 51-year-old rocker claimed that he accidentally packed the device in his luggage and that it was given to him by a friend at a party as a joke.
TMZ reported there wasn't any "bomb guy" on duty when the incident happened, causing frenzy among the officials on how to handle the situation. The grenade was dead, but the airport was still temporarily shut down as a precaution. As a result, many travelers missed their scheduled flights.
Wayne himself was to fly to El Lay to attend a preview of the new Flaming Lips musical "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots".
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?