Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne Apologizes Over Grenade Incident in Airport
Wayne Coyne, the frontman of The Flaming Lips, tweets a picture of himself giving a peace sign with his hand after he sent TSA agent into panic when a grenade was found in his travel bag. "Sorry Sorry Sorry!! Everyone that was inconvenienced because of my grenade at OKC airport!!" he wrote.
Wayne was about to fly to Los Angeles from Rogers airport in Oklahoma City when the airport officials found the grenade at the security checkpoint. The 51-year-old rocker claimed that he accidentally packed the device in his luggage and that it was given to him by a friend at a party as a joke.
TMZ reported there wasn't any "bomb guy" on duty when the incident happened, causing frenzy among the officials on how to handle the situation. The grenade was dead, but the airport was still temporarily shut down as a precaution. As a result, many travelers missed their scheduled flights.
Wayne himself was to fly to El Lay to attend a preview of the new Flaming Lips musical "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots".
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant
- 'DWTS' Pro Cheryl Burke Is on Board for 'Dance Moms' Following Abby Lee Miller's Dramatic Exit