Daniel Craig Jokes on Not Wanting Kristen Stewart as Bond Girl: 'No, She's in 'Twilight' '
Kristen Stewart recently said that she'd love to be a Bond girl someday, but that didn't sound like a good idea for the James Bond depicter himself, Daniel Craig. In a recent interview with Australian radio show "The Kyle and Jackie O Show" to promote "Skyfall", the British actor jokingly said that he didn't hope K-Stew would be his next leading lady in a 007 film.
"No, she's in 'Twilight'," so the blue-eyed thesp said with a straight face when asked what he thought if Kristen's cast as Bond babe. Noticing that he might be too harsh with his comment, the husband of Rachel Weisz quickly clarified that he didn't mean anything bad and explained that he said it because his film was competing with "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" on this week's box office.
He said with a chuckle, "No, I'm being nasty. I'm only saying that because it's [Breaking Dawn Part 2] coming out this weekend so we're in direct competition with them." He finally admitted that Kristen could be a perfect Bond girl, gushing, "I'm sure she'd make a great Bond girl."
Released in the U.S. last November 9, "Skyfall" has bagged a total domestic cume of $160.9 million so far. In its hometown in the U.K., the spy movie, which has been dubbed the best Bond film to date, has officially become the second biggest grosser of all time, trailing behind James Cameron's "Avatar".
"It's been a wild, fantastic ride. The holds have been extraordinary and people will want to see this film again and again," Sony president of worldwide distribution Rory Bruer said of the achievement.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says