Daniel Craig Jokes on Not Wanting Kristen Stewart as Bond Girl: 'No, She's in 'Twilight' '
Kristen Stewart recently said that she'd love to be a Bond girl someday, but that didn't sound like a good idea for the James Bond depicter himself, Daniel Craig. In a recent interview with Australian radio show "The Kyle and Jackie O Show" to promote "Skyfall", the British actor jokingly said that he didn't hope K-Stew would be his next leading lady in a 007 film.
"No, she's in 'Twilight'," so the blue-eyed thesp said with a straight face when asked what he thought if Kristen's cast as Bond babe. Noticing that he might be too harsh with his comment, the husband of Rachel Weisz quickly clarified that he didn't mean anything bad and explained that he said it because his film was competing with "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" on this week's box office.
He said with a chuckle, "No, I'm being nasty. I'm only saying that because it's [Breaking Dawn Part 2] coming out this weekend so we're in direct competition with them." He finally admitted that Kristen could be a perfect Bond girl, gushing, "I'm sure she'd make a great Bond girl."
Released in the U.S. last November 9, "Skyfall" has bagged a total domestic cume of $160.9 million so far. In its hometown in the U.K., the spy movie, which has been dubbed the best Bond film to date, has officially become the second biggest grosser of all time, trailing behind James Cameron's "Avatar".
"It's been a wild, fantastic ride. The holds have been extraordinary and people will want to see this film again and again," Sony president of worldwide distribution Rory Bruer said of the achievement.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway