'Dancing with the Stars' Sends Three Female Celebrities to Finals
As it's getting closer to finding its winner, "Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars" sent two more contestants home on Tuesday, November 20. Following their performance in the semifinals, Apolo Anton Ohno and Emmitt Smith got the axe which means the race for the Mirror Ball Trophy is now down to three female celebrity contestants, Shawn Johnson, Melissa Rycroft and Kelly Monaco.
"It's a life-changing experience," Apolo said of the stint shortly before learning his fate. After the bad news was delivered, he stated, "This competition was hard from the beginning," praising his pro-dancer partner Karina Smirnoff as "a champion." He gushed, "I learned so much about her. She's taught me so much about myself."
The Olympic speedskater added, "This show is amazing for far beyond what the Mirror Ball Trophy has in store for people. Every single person who does this show is a champion. It forces you to become a champion in your own right. It forces you to become stronger. You become more confident. It's a blessing."
After Paula Abdul performed a medley of her hit songs and shirtless Derek Hough danced with other four dancers, Emmitt was announced as the other eliminated contestant that night. "It's been a tremendous experience. Cheryl [Burke, pro-dancer partner]'s been a great partner. She has pushed me to another level. Season 3 was something else, but this right here takes it to the top," said the former NFL star.
Next week, Shawn, Melissa and Kelly will battle it out to be the winner in the "All-Stars" edition of the dancing competition. "Gosh, I'm so excited. We really, really want it," reality TV star Melissa gushed.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'