Fiery Motion Poster Released for 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire'
Though "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" is still a year away from gracing theaters Stateside, Lionsgate Films premieres an impressive motion poster to build fans' anticipation to the release of the novel-adapted movie. Staying true to the title, the one sheet features an image of Katniss Everdeen's iconic Mockingjay pin with flames licking all over it.
Devoted fans of Suzanne Collins' "The Hunger Games" book series will soon realize that the image is indeed a modified version of the "Catching Fire" book cover. The one-sheet is similar to previous motion poster released for the first movie last year. However, the new one doesn't feature a time countdown slot that ticks closer to the release date of the film.
In "Catching Fire", Katniss Everdeen comes back home safe with Peeta Mellark after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games. Being victors means they must turn around and leave their family and close friends and embark on a "Victor's Tour" of the district.
Along the way, Katniss senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) - a competition that could change Panem forever.
Directed by Francis Lawrence, the movie is set for a November 22 release in 2013. Its follow-up movies, "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" and "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2", will be released on November 21, 2014 and November 20, 2015 respectively.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed