Fiery Motion Poster Released for 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire'
Though "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" is still a year away from gracing theaters Stateside, Lionsgate Films premieres an impressive motion poster to build fans' anticipation to the release of the novel-adapted movie. Staying true to the title, the one sheet features an image of Katniss Everdeen's iconic Mockingjay pin with flames licking all over it.
Devoted fans of Suzanne Collins' "The Hunger Games" book series will soon realize that the image is indeed a modified version of the "Catching Fire" book cover. The one-sheet is similar to previous motion poster released for the first movie last year. However, the new one doesn't feature a time countdown slot that ticks closer to the release date of the film.
In "Catching Fire", Katniss Everdeen comes back home safe with Peeta Mellark after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games. Being victors means they must turn around and leave their family and close friends and embark on a "Victor's Tour" of the district.
Along the way, Katniss senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) - a competition that could change Panem forever.
Directed by Francis Lawrence, the movie is set for a November 22 release in 2013. Its follow-up movies, "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" and "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2", will be released on November 21, 2014 and November 20, 2015 respectively.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris