NBC Wins November Sweep for First Time Since 2003, Gains More Viewers Than 2011
After almost a decade, NBC becomes the No. 1 network in this year's November sweep. It's the first win for the Peacock since it topped the adults 18-49 demo in November 2003. Averaging a 2.8 rating in the coveted demo, it wins 25 of 28 nights counted in the November sweep and rises 17% from last year in the same period.
"The fact we jumped from fourth [place] to first, and haven't been in this position in nine years, is really astonishing to all of us," says NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt of the achievement. "It feels great... there's a kind of intangible excitement in the building. I think it's infectious for our producers, our clients, our advertisers."
He adds, "Starting out this strong heading into what we know is going to be a tougher winter feels like a big accomplishment." Predicting NBC's performance in the next few months, he admits, "I know we're going to drop accordingly without 'The Voice' and 'Revolution', and obviously there are some big competitive things coming with 'American Idol' and the Super Bowl... In March, we'll be back in the game."
Placing second in terms of adults rating is CBS with a 2.4 rating (down 14%). FOX and ABC trail close behind with a 2.3 rating (down 26%) and a 2.2 rating (down 12%) respectively.
In total viewers, CBS is predicted to maintain its reign with an average of 10.28 million viewers (down 10%). ABC draws 7.927 million viewers or loses 15% of its audience from last year, while NBC averages 7.92 viewers or gains 15% more than last year. FOX draws 6.52 million viewers (down 25%).
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage