Fiona Apple Drops South American Tour to Be With Her Dying Dog
Fiona Apple has canceled her South American tour dates due to her pet dog's worsening health condition. Apple made the announcement via her Facebook account on Tuesday, November 20 and wrote a very heartfelt open letter to her fans about her relationship with her pitbull Janet.
In the handwritten letter, the 35-year-old musician said, "Janet has been the most consistent relationship of my adult life, and that is just a fact. If I go away again, I'm afraid she'll die and I won't have the honor of singing her to sleep, of escorting her out. Sometimes it takes me 20 minutes to pick which socks to wear to bed. But this decision is instant. I will not be the woman who puts her career ahead of love and friendship ... I just can't leave her now, please understand."
Apple explained that Janet suffered from Addison's disease, a rare endocrine disorder in which the adrenal glands do not produce sufficient steroid hormones. Janet is not able to travel and needs frequent Cortisol injections to deal with the condition. The pitbull was also a rescued dog from abusive dogfighters.
There were no specifics details on which South American dates would be canceled but the singer did imply on her website that she intended to reschedule the canceled shows, asking fans to "meet a little while later."
Apple has just finished her North American tour and was set to start her South American dates on November 27 in Porto Alegre, Brazil, before heading to Argentina and Mexico.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child