'Star Wars Episode 8' and '9' to Be Written by Lawrence Kasan and Simon Kinberg
Another juicy scoop about Disney/Lucasfilm's new "Star Wars" projects has been shared online just a few days before Thanksgiving. Deadline breaks the news that "Star Wars Episode 8" and "Star Wars Episode 9" might have found their screenwriters. The two scribes that are courted for the prestigious writing gig are Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg.
Shortly after the news is broken, The Hollywood Reporter's Borys Kit confirms via Twitter that both A-list writers have indeed sealed the deals with the studio. "Here's what I'm hearing on the Star Wars writers: not courting but that deals are closed. And they will also be producers. #StarWars," so he writes.
Kasdan is no strangers to the George Lucas-created space saga. He wrote 1980's "Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back" and 1983's "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi". He once also teamed up with Lucas and Steven Spielberg for "Raiders of the Lost Ark".
Meanwhile, Simon is equally experienced in providing script for big film franchise. His screenwriting credits include "X-Men: First Class" and "Sherlock Holmes". His latest writing stint is for upcoming "X-Men: Days of Future Past" to be directed by Bryan Singer.
Disney/Lucasfilm has already hired Oscar winner Michael Ardnt to write "Star Wars Episode 7", which is projected to arrive in theaters across the States sometime in 2015. No director has been tapped to helm the big project as the potential plot details are still kept under very tight wraps.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'